Peering Manager is a tool available at our member’s portal (portal.gr-ix.gr) that aims to facilitate the management of your peers and automate the generation of peering requests.
You will find four different tabs that consist of the following:
- Potential Peers: Members of GR-IX that do not peer with our Route Servers (These can be marked as peers or ignored).
- Peers: Members of GR-IX that peer with our Route Servers (These can be marked as peers or ignored).
- Rejected/Ignored Peers: Members of GR-IX that have been marked as ignored by you.
- Potential Bilateral Peers: Members of GR-IX that have not been marked either as peers or as ignored. After marking members according to your peering preferences, in that tab you will find only potential peers.
At each of the aforementioned tabs there are two available options:
- Request Peering: It generates an automated (editable) email that can be sent to the corresponding member of GR-IX, requesting peering with your network.
- Notes: A page that is automatically updated every time you send a peering request keeping track of your requests, but also allows for custom notes.
Note that maintaining your peers in the Peering Manager is a manual process, however peering requests (emails) to other members of GR-IX are generated in an automated fashion.