GR-IX, the Greek Internet Exchange
GR-IX is a neutral and independent Internet Exchange, the mission of which is to facilitate the exchange of Internet traffic and to accelerate the growth of the Greek Internet.
GR-IX constitutes a critical national Internet infrastructure as it interconnects all major Internet players in Greece, such as Internet service providers, content providers, cloud providers etc.
GR-IX was founded in 2009 as a successor of the Athens Internet Exchange (AIX), which was initially established in 1999.
- Significant reduction on telecommunication costs
- Direct peering, with no intermediates, with the largest Internet players in Greece.
- Enhanced business opportunities with other GR-IX members though the GR-IX Internet marketplace
- Strengthens market position towards your suppliers, customers, and competition
- More efficient, robust and stable IP routing. Routing policy independence.
- Direct peering with IP traffic producers and consumers. Increased speed and capacity; improved delay, jitter and packet loss.
- Resilience in network outages and DDoS attacks; flexibility in mitigating them.