GR-IX, the Greek Internet Exchange
GR-IX is a neutral, non-for-profit Internet Exchange.
GR-IX is the only Internet Exchange in Greece. It constitutes an important national infrastructure as it interconnects all significant Internet players in Greece, such as Internet service providers, content providers etc.
GR-IX goal is the growth of the Greek Internet.
GR-IX was founded in 2009 as a successor of AIX (Athens Internet Exchange), which was in operation since 2000. It is owned and managed by the Greek Research & Technology Network (GRNET S.A.), which acts as a “third trusted entity” and ensures its neutrality.
- Significant reduction on telecommunication costs
- More efficient, robust and stable IP routing. Routing policy independence.
- Direct peering with IP traffic producers and consumers. Increase of speed and capacity, improved delay, jitter and packet loss.
- Resilience in network outages and DDoS attacks; flexibility in mitigating them.
- Direct peering, with no intermediates, to the largest Internet players in Greece.
- Enhanced business opportunities with other GR-IX members though the GR-IX Internet marketplace
- Strengthens the market position towards your suppliers, customers and competition